Wednesday, December 1, 2010

3.3 Weeks and Counting…

As per usual, the past couple weeks have been full of ups and downs. But, I think, more ups than downs have been recorded, so I am feeling good today. On a personal note, yesterday was tough, but worth the fight, and I finally feel as though I’m in a good place. I’ll leave it at that. AND… Lots of shopping accomplished, thanks to that miracle invention…the Internet.

UPS delivered 10 copies of Chicken Soup: Shaping the New You to my door last night. My essay “Taking Care of Me” is on page 346. That’s the second CS book this year. My good friend, Linda O'Connell, also has an essay in this book. I am very proud to be in such incredibly talented company! Linda, I met you at a time in my life where everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) was changing. You have been such a role model to me. I value your advice, your wisdom and your friendship always.

And this morning, the December issue of Sasee Magazine came out, featuring my latest article, “Empty Case, Full Life.” You can read it here: http://sasee.com/

Sasee is a women’s magazine distributed throughout South Carolina. Another shout-out to Linda for introducing me to this magazine. The Editor is very selective, but if you’re interested in publishing credits, and want your articles read by more women… visit the website, request the editorial calendar and get writing! They look for feel good pieces written by women, for women.

But I digress… back to shopping. Just a few things left to buy for the kids, and then on to the rest of the family and I’ll be done!

Don’t forget to carve out a little time for yourself in all the hectic preparations for your holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment