Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pain In the...Back?

The last two call outs for stories from Chicken Soup didn't suit me very well. One was for a book about weddings; planning your wedding, wedding days, etc.

I've been divorced for three years.

The next one was looking for stories from people who are caregivers to elderly family members. A great idea for a book, I think. Just not a topic (fortunately) I have experience with.

But I digress, another call-out showed up in my inbox yesterday. This one is for a new title they will be publishing in May 2012. The book will be focused on how to handle back pain, whether occasional or chronic. They've teamed up with a Havard Med School doctor who will provide medical facts for the book. They're looking for stories from those of us who have suffered or continue to suffer from back pain. Now THIS (unfortunately) is something I do know a great deal about. I'd tell you more, but I think I'll save it for my submission.

Some suggested topics for the book (these came straight from my email):
  • How your back problems started
  • How you felt/feel physically and emotionally; what were/are your symptoms
  • What you have done to reclaim your daily life despite the back pain
  • What treatments you have pursued, both successful and unsuccessful
  • What advice would you give to fellow back pain sufferers
  • How you have used your mind to help you with your back
  • How you have adjusted your life to accommodate your back
  • Silver linings
  • And any other topic you think would be helpful to someone else in your position
Hey, if you've had to deal with the pain, you might as well get something good out of it!

SUBMISSIONS GO TO http://chickensoup.com
Select the Submit Your Story link on the left tool bar and follow the directions.

Submission deadline is July 31, 2011.


Good luck...and happy writing!




No comments:

Post a Comment