Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Versatile Blogger



A few days ago, my good friend (and very talented writer), Linda (Please check out her blog, here)
awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. So it goes, that I am tasked with revealing seven things about myself, link back to her and pass on to seven others.

Doesn't sound too difficult, right? But every time I sat down to write this blog, I got stuck. Seven things. True things (that makes it harder). You'd think I could handle this. The problem is that nothing about me is that interesting. Really. And those of you who know me already know these things. Those of you who don't know me...well, do you really care about these things? Nevertheless, an Award is an Award...and I accepted! So, here goes...

#1 I have owned 17 different cars in the past 22 years

#2 My first semester of college at UMSL, I earned a .25 GPA (yes, the decimal is in the right place). I finally went back and earned my BA when I was 32 (and pregnant with my third child).
I graduated with Honors and a 3.6.

#3 I have an affinity for antique typewriters, and started collecting when I found my first
last year.

#4 I love theater, and saw my first
Broadway show (Jersey Boys) last year.

#5 At the top of my Bucket List, is a trip to
Paris (I daydreamed about it here).

#6 When I transferred to Webster U from the community college, I had thought I wanted to be
a teacher. A meeting with the Dean of the Education Dept. proved to me that this was not,
in fact, my calling. 30 years old and lost, I met with an Advisor who asked me, "What
is it you like to do?" My Answer: "Well, I
love to write, but you can't major in Writing."
She answered simply, "Yes you can!" I
signed up on the spot and walked out of the
building smiling and crying. One of the
best days of my life.

#7 I do not like coming up with seven facts about myself. This was hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment